[SIPForum-discussion] Re-Invite without SDP, No Audio Issue

Harshal Patel hpatel at aumtech.com
Tue Sep 26 21:40:09 UTC 2017

Hello Members,

We have a quick question for our propriety SIP IVR deployment with Avaya
6.3.

Avaya sends "SIP IVR" a Re-Invite after Agent(Avaya) tries to connect to
"SIP IVR" for CSAT application. Meaning Agent is now connecting "original
caller" to IVR CSAT application.
This Re-Invite does not have SDP.

   1.
*Should the SIP IVR put the audio on hold ? because no SDP is present. *
   2. *Or Should the SIP IVR neglect the Re-INVITE and continue with the
   call?*

The issue is caller is not able to hear the CSAT survey.

We checked the RFC & it states:
      a UAC MAY send a re-INVITE with no session description, in which case
the first

   reliable non-failure response to the re-INVITE will contain the offer
   (in this specification, that is a 2xx response).

But we do not see anything in regards to audio.

Appreciate if you can provide any link - that describes the path to
approach in the above case.

Thank you

Harshal