[SIPForum-discussion] Re-Invite without SDP, No Audio Issue

Paul Kyzivat pkyzivat at alum.mit.edu
Wed Sep 27 17:35:01 UTC 2017

On 9/26/17 5:40 PM, Harshal Patel wrote:
> Hello Members,
>
> We have a quick question for our propriety SIP IVR deployment with Avaya
> 6.3.
>
> Avaya sends "SIP IVR" a Re-Invite after Agent(Avaya) tries to connect to
> "SIP IVR" for CSAT application. Meaning Agent is now connecting
> "original caller" to IVR CSAT application.
> This Re-Invite does not have SDP.

The above is a bit unclear on the details. Can you give a call flow and
show all the involved parties?

>  1. *Should the SIP IVR put the audio on hold ? because no SDP is present.

If you haven't already, start by reading rfc6337. That may answer your
questions.

Whether to put audio on hold isn't really a protocol issue, it is more
of an implementation choice. But I guess in this context it would be a
really bad idea.

>  2. *Or Should the SIP IVR neglect the Re-INVITE and continue with the
>     call?*

You MUST NOT ignore the reinvite!!!

	Thanks,
	Paul