[SIPForum-discussion] SIP doubt: Is port supported/required in Tel-URI(RFC3966)?

ajay bukan bukanajay at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 00:59:25 UTC 2015

Hello,

Generally Tel-URI is a number example

tel:+1-201-555-0123
tel:7042;phone-context=example.com
tel:863-1234;phone-context=+1-914-555

I don't see any specific use of port in number. Generally port is with
along host where host is listening on the specified port

Also cross check the ABNF grammar of Tel-URI i don't see any port related
part directly

check if SBC's behavior is proper for altering Tel-URI or is this only for
SIP URI and you implementation modifying it for all the URI

Regards
Ajay