[SIPForum-discussion] SIP doubt: Is port supported/required in Tel-URI(RFC3966)?

Stephen James sjames_1958 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 17 11:24:04 UTC 2015

Your analysis is correct, there is no port in tel URI. The SBC is incorrectly manipulating your URI. The port is part of the "hostport" that is part of the SIP URI as seen in the ABNF in section 25 OF rfc 3261. 

Stephen James 
sjames_1958 at yahoo.com

We are not princes of the earth, we are the descendants of worms, and any nobility must be earned.

Sent: Monday, February 9, 2015 3:45 PM
Subject: [SIPForum-discussion] SIP doubt: Is port supported/required in	Tel-URI(RFC3966)?

Hello everybody, 

We're looking at an scenario involving an SBC and apparently it has a built-in header manipulation that apparently is modifying the Tel-URI in a way that even when the port is not present in there, the sbc adds it to the Tel-URI and it has been reported that calls are not being succesful.

What I would ask you guys is if the SBC is doing wrong when it adds the port to the URI even when is not present in the original message (I've searched the RFC 3966 and I've not found anything regarding ports so far), or all the URIs are meant to have a port defined and the application is failing and the sbc is just working as it's supposed to.

Pls let me know any doubt about this inquiry,

Many thanx in advance!!

RGDS!

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20150217/071400bc/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the discussion mailing list