[SIPForum-discussion] SIP doubt: Is port supported/required in Tel-URI(RFC3966)?

Stephen James sjames_1958 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 17 11:24:04 UTC 2015

Your analysis is correct, there is no port in tel URI. The SBC is incorrectly manipulating your URI. The port is part of the "hostport" that is part of the SIP URI as seen in the ABNF in section 25 OF rfc 3261.

Stephen James
sjames_1958 at yahoo.com

We are not princes of the earth, we are the descendants of worms, and any nobility must be earned.