[SIPForum-discussion] SIP doubt: Is port supported/required in Tel-URI(RFC3966)?

Hector Macias Serrato rock_is_notdead at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 9 21:45:13 UTC 2015

Hello everybody,

We're looking at an scenario involving an SBC and apparently it has a built-in header manipulation that apparently is modifying the Tel-URI in a way that even when the port is not present in there, the sbc adds it to the Tel-URI and it has been reported that calls are not being succesful.

What I would ask you guys is if the SBC is doing wrong when it adds the port to the URI even when is not present in the original message (I've searched the RFC 3966 and I've not found anything regarding ports so far), or all the URIs are meant to have a port defined and the application is failing and the sbc is just working as it's supposed to.

Pls let me know any doubt about this inquiry,

Many thanx in advance!!

RGDS!