[SIPForum-discussion] When will the System Generate the first OPTION Message

qcorba qcorba at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 13:34:09 UTC 2015

OPTIONS may be used as periodic pings for keepalive or heartbeat. This
is usually out-of-dialog; i.e. not related to INVITE.

Please see:
1. SIPconnect 1.1 Technical Recommendation section 16.4.

2. http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube_sipsip/configuration/xe-3s/asr1000/cube-sipsip-xe-3s-asr1000-book/voi-out-of-dialog.html