[SIPForum-discussion] When will the System Generate the first OPTION Message

Vernal DSouza vjd2112 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 13 17:30:07 UTC 2015

Hello,
OPTIONS can be sent to query the status of the UAS i.e. whether it is still IN-SERVICE to handle the traffic or not. So, when the INVITE is sent to that session-agent, if it does not respond then OPTIONS (if configured) are sent . OPTIONS are re-transmitted until trans-expire time is reached and then puts the session-agent in OOS state. My question is when are the OPTIONS message sent, I mean is there any timer or standard time after which the OPTIONS message is sent when the INVITE is not getting any response?
If I rephrase it, When will the system (SBC) generate the first OPTION Message in this scenario?

Regards,Jason