[SIPForum-discussion] 5 minute cut-off

Prakash Singh Chaudhary prakash_7singh at yahoo.co.in
Fri Oct 18 07:06:16 UTC 2013

Either disable Session Refresher or increase its value.
This will solve your issue.
 Session-Expires: 600;refresher=uac
Thanks & Regards

Prakash Singh Chaudhary

On Friday, 13 September 2013 10:54 PM, Abhisek Acharya <abhisek.acharya at gmail.com> wrote:

folks you wannna dig in more about Session-Refresher please go through RFC 4028 

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 4:50 PM, Banda, Srinivas (Srinivas) <sribanda at avaya.com> wrote:

Hi Tristan,
> 
>The reason why call is cut off for IOS and Android exactly after 5 minutes is:
>If you see the Session Expires and Min-SE headers In INVITE message it has 3600 and 300.
>But IOS & Android devices has not sending who has to re-fresh the session. Due to this call is disconnecting after 5 minutes.
> 
> 
>Session-Expires: 3600
>Min-SE: 300
> 
>For Other Genband/Grandstream Phones:
> 
>INVITE has:
>Session-Expires: 3600;refresher=uas
>Min-SE: 300
> 
>Hope this information is helpful. The  SIP stack in IOS/Android App is not sending the session refresher information in the Session-Expires Header.
> 
>Regards
>Srinivas
>From:discussion-bounces at sipforum.org [mailto:discussion-bounces at sipforum.org] On Behalf Of Tristan Bulandus
>Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 11:20 AM
>To: smraney at comcast.net
>Cc: discussion at sipforum.org
>
>Subject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] 5 minute cut-off
> 
>Hi.
> 
>Huawei softswitch sends BYE with reason: SESSION TIMER EXPIRES. Our Huawei Softswitch has Timer of 300s which is why calls for IOS and Android gets cut off at around 5 minutes.
> 
>My only concern is that 3 of the other SIP Clients do not experience a call cut-off at around 5 minutes while simulating the exact customer scenario.
> 
>Would you be familiar on the function of this 'a=ptime' attributes? Is the ptime value in seconds? Would appreciate an immediate reply please.
> 
>Thanks.
> 
>From:"smraney at comcast.net" <smraney at comcast.net>
>To: Tristan Bulandus <tristanbulandus at yahoo.com> 
>Cc: Jorge <jwalcantara at hotmail.com>; Binan AL Halabi <binanalhalabi at yahoo.com>; murali87ece at gmail.com; discussion at sipforum.org 
>Sent: Monday, September 2, 2013 8:50 PM
>Subject: Re: 5 minute cut-off
> 
>Tristan,
> 
>I admittedly do have have working experience with all these particular endpoints, so my suggestions are merely based on observations of the Invite messages.
> 
>The Invite's associated to the IOS and Android endpoints do not appear to have 'ptime' attributes, whereas the Invites associated to the other three endpoints do.  Issues with ptime attributes typically effect quality of service.
> 
>PTimer Attributes:
> a. Genband IP Phone - a=ptime: 20
> b. Grandstream IP Phone - a=ptime: 20
> c. IOS - Not Configured
> d. Android - Not Configured
> e. PC Client - a=ptime: 30
> 
>My other thought was whether or not this could be associated to a 'session refresh' issue, if the session is seen as inactive and requires refresh to remain established?
> 
>Thanks,
> 
>Steve.....
> 
>From: "Tristan Bulandus" <tristanbulandus at yahoo.com>
>To: "Jorge" <jwalcantara at hotmail.com>, "Binan AL Halabi" <binanalhalabi at yahoo.com>, smraney at comcast.net, murali87ece at gmail.com
>Cc: discussion at sipforum.org
>Sent: Sunday, September 1, 2013 11:33:43 PM
>Subject: 5 minute cut-off
> 
>Hi guys.
> 
>Genband A2 is currently peered to Huawei Softswitch.
> 
>Genband A2 has the following terminals that register to it:
> a. Genband IP Phone
> b. Grandstream IP Phone
> c. IOS
> d. Android
> e. PC Client
> 
>Now, I try to call to Numbers routed at the Huawei Softswitch from the following terminals and experience:
>a. Genband IP Phone calling Huawei - Call NOT cut-off
>b. Grandstream IP Phone calling Huawei - Call NOT cut-off
>c. IOS calling Huawei - Call cut-off at 5 minutes
>d. Android calling Huawei - Call cut-off at 5 minutes
>e. PC Client calling Huawei - Call NOT cut-off
> 
>May I request what has to be adjusted on the IOS and Android clients please? I've attached a summary of the SIP Invites being generated by terminals.
> 
>Thanks! 
> 
> 
>_______________________________________________
>This is the SIP Forum discussion mailing list
>TO UNSUBSCRIBE, or edit your delivery options, please visit http://sipforum.org/mailman/listinfo/discussion
>Post to the list at discussion at sipforum.org
>
>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20131018/b2066019/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the discussion mailing list