[SIPForum-discussion] Media Port change in SDP

Amit Salunkhe amitsalunkhe21 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 04:48:34 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Call scenario is

1. A Calls B (Audio Call)
2. Call got connected
3. Now A want to switch that call to Video hence A User end device send
Re-INVITE with Audio + video SDP
4. Call got connected as B Party accept that Video Call offer.

Now the change we found in SDP Audio part is- Initial Audio call A offer
Audio/Media port as 1001 but while offering Video call with Re-invite A
party end device change Audio Port to 2000.

My question is this correct behavior? is there any RFC/Standard docs
describe this valid or invalid to change media port for call type change in
same session.

Also whether B party or media anchoring device(SBC/Softswitch) need to
accept this change?

Amit-