[SIPForum-discussion] Media Port change in SDP

Kashif Husain kashifhusain29 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 16:21:37 UTC 2013

Now the change we found in SDP Audio part is- Initial Audio call A offer
Audio/Media port as 1001 but while offering Video call with Re-invite A
party end device change Audio Port to 2000.

My question is this correct behavior? is there any RFC/Standard docs
describe this valid or invalid to change media port for call type change in
same session.

>> Yes. This is a correct behaviour, check rfc3264 section 8.3.

Also whether B party or media anchoring device(SBC/Softswitch) need to
accept this change?
>> Your SBC/Softswitch should not reject the new offer just because the
audio port has been changed.

Thanks,
-kashif