[SIPForum-discussion] How to use SIP and IAX2 at a same time??

Mirchandani, Pushpa Pushpa.Mirchandani at charter.com
Wed Jul 24 22:13:52 UTC 2013

Abu,

Here is some info you can find more, go to http://www.asteriskguru.com/tutorials/iax_conf.html

I find this link very useful.  Astersik will utilize UDP

Inter-Asterisk eXchange (IAX) configuration file is divided in contexts. The context [general] contains general settings for the IAX protocol, like on which port Asterisk will listen, to use jitterbuffer, which audio codecs are allowed and which are disallowed, etc ...

Every other context is consider for user account configuration. But what is context?
Context is the group of context name and all of the following after that name lines (the end is the begining of new context):

Example:
start-->[my_first_context]
           option1=something
end--->