[SIPForum-discussion] Difference between One and Both way RTP Media

John Downing john at trainingcity.com
Mon Jan 21 20:21:40 UTC 2013

Hi Tapender:

One way audio can be setup by the SIP/SDP msg for things like music on
hold. SDP may include send only / rec only in the media attributes,
resulting in a one way RTP stream.

It is primary used with PSTN integration to allow call progression msgs
from the PSTN to flow back to the user, for example busy tone.  In this
case, a 183 session progress msg carries and SDP setting up the one way RTP
stream.

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 6:25 AM, tapender kumar <tapender5002 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Can you explain me abt diffence betwn 1 way and both rtp flow and one way
> and 2 way voice.
> in SIP Messages
>                 200 OK
> -------------------------------------------------------------->