[SIPForum-discussion] CALL for HELP: Dead Air problem

Heather Mayhan heather.mayhan at ericsson.com
Wed Dec 18 15:25:49 UTC 2013

What protocol are you using to handle the media gateway component/media setup and tear-down?

If it is Megaco, there should be messaging when the call releases (MEGACO SUBTRACT message) that should show packet statistics (packets sent, received, packet loss, jitter, delay, etc).  Normally when I hear of dead-air issues, that's the first thing I look for.  Our CDR's actually get a copy of this information, so I don't always have to capture the Megaco to see it, but it depends upon what kind of set up you have.