[SIPForum-discussion] CALL for HELP: Dead Air problem

Heather Mayhan heather.mayhan at ericsson.com
Wed Dec 18 15:25:49 UTC 2013

What protocol are you using to handle the media gateway component/media setup and tear-down?

If it is Megaco, there should be messaging when the call releases (MEGACO SUBTRACT message) that should show packet statistics (packets sent, received, packet loss, jitter, delay, etc).  Normally when I hear of dead-air issues, that's the first thing I look for.  Our CDR's actually get a copy of this information, so I don't always have to capture the Megaco to see it, but it depends upon what kind of set up you have.

From: discussion-bounces at sipforum.org [mailto:discussion-bounces at sipforum.org] On Behalf Of AOEKING
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2013 08:15
To: Tristan Bulandus
Cc: discussion at sipforum.org
Subject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] CALL for HELP: Dead Air problem

Hi,

Take a pcap trace and check whether the SDP part of the sip INVITE contains the remote global IPs.
I believe the IP phone uses the local IP's instead of using global IPs

Thanks
Nuwan

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 7:30 AM, Tristan Bulandus <tristanbulandus at yahoo.com<mailto:tristanbulandus at yahoo.com>> wrote:
Team, hoping for your help please. Thanks

On Saturday, December 7, 2013 6:40 PM, Tristan Bulandus <tristanbulandus at yahoo.com<mailto:tristanbulandus at yahoo.com>> wrote:
Hi Team,

May I once again call upon the SIP Experts from this international forum.

I am the pioneer of advanced SIP technologies in our telco, and I am currently facing a very difficult challenge in a new project involving SIP Clients, SIP Proxies, SIP Platfroms, etc. This is the first time I have experienced this problem and nobody locally and internationally that I work with is able to solve the problem.

The scenario is that I have IP Phones located at the site and RTP is two way but when I have IP Phones located on a remote site with IP connectivity there is no Media on both parties, for both inbound and outbound calls.

Appreciate if you can help me immediately.

Thanks.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20131218/3531961a/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the discussion mailing list