[SIPForum-discussion] How the Call will be established b/w two SIP Phone if both belongs to different subnet mask?

Rudra Kant Kanth rudra.k1 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 20:35:57 UTC 2012

Hi Michael/ Amit,

I couldn't find any trouble here. This is just another communication
between two devices. The difference is that they are logically grouped
separately and so have to go through an intermediate router which connects
these two networks/ sub-networks. Thus, as long as your IP_Phone_1 can hit
your gateway/ router and your router is programmed to allow packets to the
n/w of IP_Phone_B, the call should pass.

This is just a case of any two devices trying to communicate with each
other separated by networks as we have read in any data-communication or
networking-basics' books.

Cheers,
Rudra

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM, Michael Scofield <amit.chhikara at hotmail.com