[SIPForum-discussion] Register without contact header

Harry West westie5017 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 25 13:29:48 UTC 2012

Hi Dinesh, I hope you are well. Technically, the CONTACT header is an optional field and therefore doesnt have to be present in a REGISTER method, as this field essentially provides the available addresses for participation in a dialog. It is the Address-of-Record (AOR) URI contained within the REGISTER message that denotes the location of the UA. With that in mind, I believe that this request should be processed. In the event that a mandatory header is missing in the REGISTER request then I believe that you would get a 400 Bad Request message. Are you experiencing a problem with a particular platform? Kind Regards,   Harry WestSolutions Architect - Voice & Unified Communications