[SIPForum-discussion] Request URI in case of tel uri registration

sunil singh sunilsingh.k at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 6 20:02:08 UTC 2010

You must either use a global phone number, or else you must include a phone-context parameter:

	tel:+1-555-987-1234
or tel:1234;phone-context=abc.com

In your case, You are not using a phone number and basicaly tel uri is for phonenumber.

- Request-Line: REGISTER tel:ims118.aaa.net SIP/2.0
OR
- Request-Line: REGISTER ims118.aaa.net SIP/2.0

so both are incorrect.  now take a case study.

Say my ua's IP address is: 172.16.0.200, proxy is at 172.16.0.100, it sends the REGISTER request to registrar with these fields: