[SIPForum-discussion] Request URI in case of tel uri registration

Barry Weiss guitar.zen2006 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 14:34:00 UTC 2010

As far as the hosted platform that my company provides which uses Broadsoft
doesn't require tel:URI in the Request URI. Also off hand I don't believe
RFC 3261 requires that the register Request URI needs to have "tel:URI" in
it. This is part of the register request-line from the invite packet from my
soft phone to my sip account.

REGISTER sip:commpartners.us SIP/2.0

Perhaps, it depends on the platform you are on. Hope that helps a little.

Barry