[SIPForum-discussion] Cseq value for bye

anuj sharma anujsh at rediffmail.com
Sun Aug 22 11:27:03 UTC 2010

Hi,

If Bye is initiated from the terminating side then it can still have the same Cseq number as INVITE. The CSeq numbers are maintained separately for the Terminating and Originating sides. You can assume that each side maintaines a separate Cseq as local Cseq and Remote CSeq.

Regards,
Anuj

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 01:16:50 +0530  wrote
>Hi,
But if request for bye comes from terminating side.Then is it necessary that Cseq value must be greater than the previous Cseq of invite which is from originating side.

ashish

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Ankit Agarwal  wrote:

Hi,
"cseq should be increased for every new request".Bye is request sent to terminate session so cseq should be a greater value than in Invite(Previous Request.)

Ankit Agarwal

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 10:32 PM, ashish khowal  wrote:

Hi,
I want to know the importance of cseq and rseq in sip.Like what should be
 the value of cseq when a dialog has been establish and  we want to send
 a Bye from Terminaing party, should it contain Cseq 1 for Bye or Cseq 2
 for Bye.

regards
ashish

Post to the list at discussion at sipforum.org