[SIPForum-discussion] Cseq value for bye

vidyut gupta vidyut_gupta at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 22 08:20:14 UTC 2010

The Cseq Value must be greater then the previous Cseq used by "terminating entity", it has nothing to do with originating one - both are independent. As a dialog context, Sip Entities keep the local as well as remote Cseq number. In your example BYE is the first request from terminating party to you, so it can have any valid Cseq.

-Cheers
Vidyut