[SIPForum-discussion] Cseq value for bye

Karthik Ramiya Karthik_Ramiya at infosys.com
Mon Aug 23 04:45:11 UTC 2010

Hi,

  It doesn't matter even if the terminating party terminates the call with Cseq 1 becoz 'BYE' is going to be first request that the terminating party going to initiate. So it can have any non-negative integer value for Cseq(so it can be 1 or 2 etc). But if the originating party wants to terminate the call with 'BYE' , this is going to be the second request that it initiates and obviously Cseq should get incremented in that case.

Cheers,
Karthik