[SIPForum-discussion] outgoing phone number

Renan Panes rdpanes at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 07:01:06 UTC 2010

Hi Dave,

800 Toll-Free Numbers, like Rob have just said, are not given out as a
subscriber number. A Toll-Free number is a virtual or a pesudo number normally
assigned by a PSTN network service provider usually, but not limited, for
business use. Each Toll-Free number has an equivalent hidden number where all
the calls to the Toll-Free number is terminated, which is nothing but a
subscrber number, too.

All calls originating PSTN network, to the Toll-Free number is then routed to
its equivalent PSTN hidden number.

sample call flow:

Local California Call --> 800-SIP-FORUM-CALI --> Local California (Hidden)
Number --> Network Provider.

You cannot use the Toll-Free number as an outgoing CLI since, as aforementioned,
it is nothing but a virtual or a pseudo number. However, you can use any
available subscriber number to do so.

What do you mean anyway with setting up the headers as such not to violate any
rules?

Best Regards,

Renan Panes