[SIPForum-discussion] Need clarification on Re-Invite ..

Murali Vuppandla mvuppand at cisco.com
Mon Apr 26 06:50:06 UTC 2010

There are two SIP  subscribers A and B configured with G729 codec.

A calls B. B is ringing. Now, I want to simulate a scenario wherein  A sends
Re-Invite to B and B responds accordingly. What actually makes A send
Re-invite to B before the session is established(do we need any extra
configurations to simulate this scenario). Any real time scenarios in this
regard is much helpful.

And what's the exact difference between UPDATE and RE-INVITE. I had read
somewhere UPDATE is sent before the session is established whereas Re-Invite
is sent after the session is established.

Please clarify me on this.

Regards,

Murali.