[SIPForum-discussion] Need clarification on Re-Invite ..

Karthik Ramiya Karthik_Ramiya at infosys.com
Tue Apr 27 09:15:13 UTC 2010

Hi Murali,

You can make use of UPDATE method to set the media on hold during early media. The best real time scenario that I can think of is putting the call on hold when your call is connected to an IVR where you are on queue waiting to get connected to a customer care executive.

Cheers,
Karthik

From: discussion-bounces at sipforum.org [mailto:discussion-bounces at sipforum.org] On Behalf Of Murali Vuppandla
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2010 12:20 PM
To: discussion at sipforum.org
Subject: [SIPForum-discussion] Need clarification on Re-Invite ..

There are two SIP  subscribers A and B configured with G729 codec.

A calls B. B is ringing. Now, I want to simulate a scenario wherein  A sends Re-Invite to B and B responds accordingly. What actually makes A send Re-invite to B before the session is established(do we need any extra configurations to simulate this scenario). Any real time scenarios in this regard is much helpful.

And what's the exact difference between UPDATE and RE-INVITE. I had read somewhere UPDATE is sent before the session is established whereas Re-Invite is sent after the session is established.

Please clarify me on this.

Regards,
Murali.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20100427/76fffb65/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the discussion mailing list