[SIPForum-discussion] Cisco AS5350 as VOIP g/w to handle redircet responses

amit salunkhe amitsalunkhe21 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 15:39:03 UTC 2009

Hi All
         I found one article on Cisco as5350 gateway on SIpforum, hence i
decided to post my reqiuirement on this forum. I want to configure Cisco
AS5350 SIP-VOIP dial peer which can handle SIP redirect response 300 get
from carrier gateway.

 My current dial peer config as follows

dial-peer voice 5 voip
destination-pattern .T
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:x.x.x.x
codec transparent
no vad

what parameters i need add in this which can handle SIP redirect response
get from carrier g/w & then reroute the call to new IP provided in carrier
redirect response contcat header.
Is there any other settings require for this on AS5350. This AS5350 not
acting as SIP-UA over here . Simply forwarding calls to carrier w.r.t
dial-peer.

Here is flow-
                 VOIP users(Caller)------------------->SIP

|<--------------SIP response 300 from carrier---|

very few poeple usee AS5350 for carrier or VOIP service level, till i
hope somebody from thsi from can help me.

Thanks
 Amit--