[SIPForum-discussion] help required to make a Call using SIPP with hold and resume

mohan mannappan mohanjan1984 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 18:16:46 UTC 2009

Hi all,

          Earlier, i had a query regarding the 200 ok not being forwarded by
SER.
          The issue was, the last_via in the UAS did not fetch the value
correctly from the BYE.
          The 200 ok sent from UAS did not have the  route of the UAC and
the ethereal showed the via for SER next to 200 ok line.
          I fed both the via required into 200 ok. The call was successful.
          Thanks to all who had spent there valuable time to troubleshoot.

          After the initial call, i want to bring the HOLD and RESUME
scenario.
          I knew that pressing the 'p' button would pause and then resume.
          but,  i did it via .xml with 1 invite, ACK .... , so that the call
will be put on hold.
          again an invite was added to resume the call. It all happened
fine.
          I meant, the 2nd invite was sent .... but the invite, ack etc are
being sent again and again.
          Has anyone who has done it before using SIPP, tell how to do it.

This is the topology.

Also, i would like to know as how to make the single linux pc to act as
multiple users.
Next, i need to do Call Transfer.

regards,

Mohan M