[SIPForum-discussion] SIP response 501 not implemented

amit salunkhe amitsalunkhe21 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 13:28:34 UTC 2009

Hi All
         When we can expect SIP response "501 not implemented" if call
routed from VOIP to PSTN number?  As we found when we make call from our
VOIP line to the number or line on PSTN & if respective number or line is
switched OFF, we got SIP response 501 not implemented. Is this correct
behaviour?

      What SIP response shud we get if device or line is switched off?

Call flow=>
VOIP device-------------------------->SIP trunking
provider------------------------------->PSTN line which we are try to
call.(Destination)

Also is this possible VOIP carrier can manipulate SIP resposne & can send
such diffrent resposne which is not based on actul resposne get from PSTN
line side or VOIP side?

Regards
Amit