[SIPForum-discussion] Possible Spam : Re: SIP performance testing

Vivek Batra Vivek.Batra at matrixtelesol.com
Sat Apr 4 03:52:41 UTC 2009

Reeti,
Comments inline in BLUE.

Best Regards,
Vivek Batra

  _____

From: discussion-bounces at sipforum.org
[mailto:discussion-bounces at sipforum.org] On Behalf Of Reeti Sharma
Sent: Friday, April 03, 2009 5:36 PM
To: discussion at sipforum.org
Subject: Possible Spam : Re: [SIPForum-discussion] SIP performance testing

Hi everyonel ...!!!

Can anyone clear my doubts regarding the tight coupling in between register
process and sip stack :

Query 1: Do it really require that every User need to register themself
before calling to anyone?

                Not really required. You only need to register yourself for
recieving calls. You can make OG calls normally.

 As what i know, that we can send invite directly to other user (if  that
user's machine is available in same peer means no server/firewall in between
i.e. using machine ipaddress in form of sip uri ex sip:10.0.0.12 ). Please
let me know.

You can even send INVITE to other user/peer when any server/firewall sits in
between your device and other remote user device.

Related Query2: is it require that before sending invite sip stack need to
check the status that whether user already send register or not?

            Upto the implementation, however Registrar must have the
location where to send the INVITE. REGISTER is only one of the mechanism to
update the location address.

Related Query 3: Is it possible that suppose user send register request to
registrar server, and before recieving the register's response (2xx say), It
recieve Invite from near by user (machine). Cause sip stack is already in
listening mode.
And if it is possible than how the sip stack react?

If registrar has your current location, INVITE can be placed to you.

I know that the things are basic, but itz little bit confusing to me, so do
me the needful in this regard.......

Thanx in anticipation ...

Regards
Reeti..!!!