[SIPForum-discussion] SIP performance testing

Reeti Sharma reeti.sharma23 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 12:06:23 UTC 2009

Hi everyonel ...!!!

*Can anyone clear my doubts regarding the tight coupling in between register
process and sip stack :*

*Query 1: *Do it really require that every User need to register themself
before calling to anyone?

 As what i know, that we can send invite directly to other user (if  that
user's machine is available in same peer means no server/firewall in between
i.e. using machine ipaddress in form of sip uri ex sip:10.0.0.12 ). Please
let me know.

*Related Query2:* is it require that before sending invite sip stack need to
check the status that whether user already send register or not?

*Related Query 3: *Is it possible that suppose user send register request to
registrar server, and before recieving the register's response (2xx say), It
recieve Invite from near by user (machine). Cause sip stack is already in
listening mode.
And if it is possible than how the sip stack react?

I know that the things are basic, but itz little bit confusing to me, so do
me the needful in this regard.......

Thanx in anticipation ...

Regards
Reeti..!!!