[SIPForum-discussion] INVITE without SDP(offer)

Herve Jourdain herve.jourdain at mstarsemi.com
Fri Oct 17 15:30:27 UTC 2008

Hi,

I guess that if the G.729 codec you specified in your SDP is not the only
codec listed, and if you also listed G.711 µLaw, then you should change your
local codec to G.711 µLaw.

If you only want to support 1 codec, then you should have only one present
in your SDP. If not, the other party can dynamically switch to any of your
supported codecs during the call – fortunately, not all SIP devices do that,
but they can – without any associated signalling.

Regards,

Herve

  _____