[SIPForum-discussion] Incorrect RTCP reports being generated.

usman chaudhry usman_chaudhry at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 10:06:09 UTC 2008

Hello All,

    I have noticed that the RTP stream that is coming from the MGW to the CPE has its sequence number being reset twice. Can this be the reason for the incorrect RTCP Senders Reports generated by the CPE. Refer to the attached JPEG, where 192.168.1.4 is the MGW and 10.11.128.126 is the CPE. Note that the Seq Number changes but the SSRC remains the same. Is this allowed as per RFC 1889; its not very clear.

Regards
Usman.