[SIPForum-discussion] Incorrect RTCP reports being generated.

Herve Jourdain herve.jourdain at mstarsemi.com
Fri Oct 10 09:05:27 UTC 2008

Hi,

In theory, it might be allowed in conjunction with Marker bit - that you
have - and in case of VAD, which doesn't seem to be the case here.

Else I don't think it should change the sequence number.

BUT interoperability tests show a tendency in various devices to use Marker
bit to "resynchronize" the RTP flow, and therefore resetting the sequence
number.

This usually happens when the remote is "lost" in its synchronization, or
when the remote internally switches from one source stream to another source
stream.

As to the impact on the RTCP stack, I'm not sure exactly what it can have, I
guess it's implementation dependant also, and if your RTP/RTCP stack
resynchronizes itself on the Marker bit or not.

Regards,

Herve

  _____