[SIPForum-discussion] Antwort: SIP Trunk Delivery from Telco Carrier

Roland.Gloeckler at arcor.net Roland.Gloeckler at arcor.net
Wed Oct 1 09:20:21 UTC 2008

Hi Fortunato,
in my company we offer SIP trunks in the following flavors:
- over open Internet (mainly used for interop testing): only as secure as
your WAN connection
- over private MPLS-VPNs (mainly used for customers with several sites):
not visible for other customers
- over IPsec VPNs: Well, if the encryption algorithm is not flawed, this
one is the most secure. Obviously it requires most resources of the
options (key management, IPsec implementation, real-time
encryption & decryption, etc.).
We are also working on TLS/SRTP, but have not released it yet.

Regards,
Roland

01.10.2008 04:31

Gesendet von: discussion-bounces at sipforum.org

Absender:
"Fortunato Lacson" <junlacson at gmail.com>
An

discussion at sipforum.org

Kopie

Thema

[SIPForum-discussion] SIP Trunk Delivery from Telco Carrier

Hello All.

For those who have experience taking SIP trunk from Telco Vendors. Do you
take it through the open internet? Or, do you take it using some form of
tunelling (virtual WAN), or maybe something else. What would be the
advantage or disadvantage of each. Also, what forms of security measure,
if any, do you implement while traversing it.

 I would like to get a feel of real world implementation.

Good day,

Fortunato