回复: RE: what is the Maxlength of SIP?

雨 陈 chen.yu26 at yahoo.com.cn
Fri Jan 25 06:42:43 UTC 2008

Hi, Herve,
  Thanks for your answer.It help me a lot . Well, I am still not sure about the follow,

  I know the MTU is a limit unit on the ethernet . So the number you metioned "200",is it a sum bytes of  the IP and UDP packet  header ?

  And you tell me when the SIP is too larger for UDP to send ,it will resort to TCP, However,I think this issue can be solved below the transport layer, I mean on the network layer. Why not the carried IP packet be divided into more smaller ones to transmit, something like fragmentation?

  Nora