[SIPForum-discussion] 185 ringing / 199 trying

Hadriel Kaplan HKaplan at acmepacket.com
Fri Apr 25 15:34:00 UTC 2008

A "reason phrase" is purely descriptive, and you should NOT expect to receive or check for any particular string there.  Please don't expect it to be a fixed well-known string, such as the "defaults" in rfc3261.  For example lots of devices use different reason-phrases for 4xx and 5xx error responses.  Your code should just act on the number, not the phrase.  My 2 cents anyway.

-hadriel