[SIPForum-discussion] Sip Proxy Server

Priyankam priyankam at tataelxsi.co.in
Thu Apr 24 07:09:15 UTC 2008

> Hi,
>
>   we have a confusion regarding loop detection by proxy server. As per the
> RFC 3261 we create key for branch parameter using , To tag, From tag,
> Call-ID header
> field, the Request-URI of the request received (before translation), the
> topmost Via header, and the sequence number from the CSeq header field.
>
> But the confusion is if the request traverses through several proxies and
> the same request comes back to the previous proxy, the top most via gets
> changed,
> so the Key generated will be different, hence loop detection is not
> possible.
>
> Please suggest a solution for this issue.
>
> Regards,
> Priyankam
> Tata Elxsi Ltd.
> Bangalore

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments contained in it.

Contact your Administrator for further information.