[SIPForum-discussion] Ack for final response

haluk yavuz halukyavuz at computer.org
Tue Apr 29 20:14:34 UTC 2008

                                   |Request from TU
                                   |send request
               Timer E             V
               send request  +-----------+
                   +---------|           |-------------------+
                   |         |  Trying   |  Timer F          |
                   +-------->|           |  or Transport Err.|
                             +-----------+  inform TU        |
                200-699         |  |                         |
                resp. to TU     |  |1xx                      |
                +---------------+  |resp. to TU              |
                |                  |                         |
                |   Timer E        V       Timer F           |
                |   send req +-----------+ or Transport Err. |
                |  +---------|           | inform TU         |
                |  |         |Proceeding |------------------>|
                |  +-------->|           |-----+             |
                |            +-----------+     |1xx          |
                |              |      ^        |resp to TU   |
                | 200-699      |      +--------+             |
                | resp. to TU  |                             |
                |              |                             |
                |              V                             |
                |            +-----------+                   |
                |            |           |                   |
                |            | Completed |                   |
                |            |           |                   |
                |            +-----------+                   |
                |              ^   |                         |
                |              |   | Timer K                 |
                +--------------+   | -                       |
                                   |                         |
                                   V                         |
         transitions         | Terminated|<------------------+
         labeled with        |           |
         the event           +-----------+
         over the action
         to take

                 Figure 6: non-INVITE client transaction

As you see there is no ACK in non-Invite transaction.