[SIPForum-discussion] Sip Proxy Server

prasanna c c_prasanna_c at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 24 08:34:33 UTC 2008

You should check all the via headers that has sent-by value placed by proxy in earlier forwarding to detect the loop.

From: priyankam at tataelxsi.co.inTo: discussion at sipforum.orgDate: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:39:15 +0530Subject: [SIPForum-discussion] Sip Proxy Server

Hi,

  we have a confusion regarding loop detection by proxy server. As per the RFC 3261 we create key for branch parameter using , To tag, From tag, Call-ID header
field, the Request-URI of the request received (before translation), the topmost Via header, and the sequence number from the CSeq header field.

But the confusion is if the request traverses through several proxies and the same request comes back to the previous proxy, the top most via gets changed,
so the Key generated will be different, hence loop detection is not possible.

Please suggest a solution for this issue.

Regards,
Priyankam
Tata Elxsi Ltd.
Bangalore