[SIPForum-discussion] Can I use SIPp as a base to implement some authentication schemes and test its performance?

mjhorse mjhorse at qq.com
Fri Apr 11 03:34:40 UTC 2008

Hi, all:

     I'm a student and I'm doing some research in SIP authentication mechanism. I've read some RFCs and design a SIP authentication scheme myself, and now I want to test its performance, its round delay time comparative to the one without it e.g..

     But I'm not farmiliar with SIP-related development at all, despite I have some knowledge regarding C/C++ programming. So, can you guys tell me whether SIPp, which I've seen frequently in this maillist, can help me to fulfill this goal convieniently enough? Or can you give some advices that which opensource stack of SIP is most appropriate to my idea?

     More details: I want to extend the beviour of UAC/UAS as well as proxy( adding some identifiers and header fields in sip message, e.g.) making them can calculate some digest used as signature and so on. I used a extension tag to indicate these behaviors which I've defined in my scheme.

     Thanks a lot.