[SIPForum-discussion] What is the use of creating session

harish T harish0611 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 14:20:34 UTC 2007

Hi Kishore,

I accept your view, to exchange data  between  UserAgents i should follow
some rules,so i we are using protocol(SIP).

Even i accept SIP(to be precise SDP),carry information about session.

Here i am not telling i am not using SIP protocol.Instead i am telling i am
not creating\establishing session.

But my doubt is :
By using SIP (Without establishing session ) i can get user's location,and i
hope  i can tell what kind of data user should except by using SDP that too
without creating session .
Then what is the use in creating session,since we are able to communicate
without creating session ?(Please correct me if i am wrong)

Regards
Harish.T