[SIPForum-discussion] Re :RE: Difference between Path and Service-route header fields

anuj anuj18sh at rediffmail.com
Thu Feb 1 12:32:44 UTC 2007

ok..thanks a lot e\'one..that was helpful...regardsanujgururajbt at huawei.com wrote                                      Hi ,            The difference between Path and Record-Route is that Path applies to   REGISTER and 200 class responses to REGISTER.  Record-Route doesn\'t,   and can\'t be defined in REGISTER for reasons of backward   compatibility.  Furthermore, the vector established by Record-Route   applies only to requests within the dialog that established that   Record-Route, whereas the vector established by Path applies to future dialogs.                  Best Regards         B T Gururaj  Setty    Huawei  Technologies India Pvt. Ltd.    Bangalore.         \"There is no  pleasure in having nothing to do !!!    The fun is in having  lots to do and not doing it !!!!!!\"    ------------------------------------------------------    This e-mail and attachments contain confidential  information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose  address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way  (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or  dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient\'s) is prohibited.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email  immediately and delete it!                        From:  discussion-bounces at sipforum.org [mailto:discussion-bounces at sipforum.org] On Behalf Of anuj    Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007  2:17 PM    To: discussion at sipforum.org    Subject: [SIPForum-discussion]  Difference between Path and Service-route header fields             Hello!    There are two optional fields of the SIP header \"Path\" and  \"Service-route\".    From their usage i could see that both are used for populating the route header  fields and are inserted by the proxys to force    the routing of future messages during registration through them.    Only difference i could no
tice is that the Service-rout is added only in 200 ok  response!!!    I want to know if i am correct or ther are other difference as well?    Also Whether this forced routing is only for the messages flowing during registration  or for all the messages which follow even after registration?        thanks in advance!    anuj                        
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20070201/ce899cd4/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the discussion mailing list