[SIPForum-discussion] Are "<" and ">" mandatory?

Andrea Puddu androjoker at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 5 18:59:23 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am investigating on an issue regarding the call transfer scenario.
By now, the main issue seems to be the missing response by the Application Server to the NOTIFY request of the transferor party.
First of all, after the NOTIFY request, I expect the SBC (or the Application Server)  to send a 202 Accepted. This does not happen. The SBC does not send anything.

Having a look at the NOTIFY syntax, I noticed that  "<" and ">" are missing in some filed, like "Refer-to" and "Referred-by".

Does anyone know if "<" and ">" are mandatory to delimit all SIP header fields?

Thanks 1000,

Andrea