[SIPForum-discussion] Difference between SIP BYE and RTCP BYE

Himani Manglani himani.varandani at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 19:09:47 UTC 2007

Hi
As per my information SIP is used for call control signalling and RTCP is
generally used for video transmission.
In case we are having a video share session on application server between
two users A and B then they will follow following steps
1)call set up
2)capability query using SIP option for enquiring the support of video
sharing
3)Invitation for video tx through SIP invite
4)video transmission using RTCP
5)Tear Down video sharing session through RTCP Bye
6)Tear down SIP session through SIP Bye
7)Release call

Regards,
Himani