[SIPForum-discussion] SIP port 5060 blocked

Brecl, Peter Peter.Brecl at qwest.com
Tue May 2 20:52:58 UTC 2006

Your device registers FROM a port that may or may not be port 5060 (if you have NAT). However, your VoIP service provider will be expecting incoming traffic on UDP port 5060 (i.e. your traffic sent to IP destination address with UDP port 5060). Your ISP probably setup a rule to block outbound (destination) UDP (and likely TCP) port 5060. You would need to check if your VoIP provider can listen for SIP traffic on other "non-standard" ports (other than 5060).

BTW - what is the ISP name that is blocking VoIP traffic?

Probably time to change the ISP (if you have that option).