[SIPForum-discussion] Question on Target refresh

Saurabh Shah saurabh.shah at matrixcomsec.com
Fri Jun 21 04:07:04 UTC 2019

Ramesh,

Yes, INFO is not target refresh request. Please refer topic 4.2.1 from RFC
6086. Requests like INVITE, REFER are target refresh requests.
Details of whether request is target refresh or not shall get from their
respective RFCs.

Regards,
Saurabh Shah

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 11:10 PM Ramesh Kandasamy <ramelcom at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Reposting the query below.
>
> Thanks
> Ramesh
>
> On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 2:03 PM Ramesh Kandasamy <ramelcom at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a question on the below call flow and if it is related to target
>> refresh.
>>
>> SIP UA establishes a TCP connection with SIP Proxy to initiate the call.
>>     INVITE from SIP UA was sent from TCP port, say p1.
>> Call got answered and ongoing.
>> At some point, SIP UA closes TCP port p1 by exchanging TCP FIN/FIN ack.
>> Later within the same dialog, SIP UA establishes another TCP connection
>> with the same SIP Proxy for the same call to send SIP INFO.
>>    INFO from SIP UA was sent from TCP port, say p2.
>> SIP Proxy sends back the INFO response to this new TCP port p2.
>> But subsequent SIP requests are not routed from SIP Proxy to this new TCP
>> port p2 of SIP UA. Rather, it attempts to send on p1 which fails.
>>
>> My question is, is this INFO above considered as target refresh? Please
>> note that Contact and dialog-id (From, To, Call-Id, R-uri) between the
>> initial INVITE (from p1) and INFO (from p2) remains the same. IP address
>> doesn't change either.
>>
>> My thought is that the above flow is allowed and this is not a target
>> refresh. So, So, any subsequent SIP requests from SIP Proxy should ideally
>> be sent to this new TCP port p2.
>>
>> Please advise.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Ramesh

Matrix Comsec Pvt. Ltd.
#394, GIDC Makarpura - 390010. Dist: Vadodara,
Gujarat, India
 <http://bit.ly/comsec-esignature>

IP Video Surveillance |
<http://bit.ly/IPVS-esginature>People Mobility Management |
<http://bit.ly/cosec-esignature>Unified Communications
<http://bit.ly/telecom-esignature>
1 Million+ Customers | 2,500+ Partners |
60+ Products | 50+ Countries
We put more in the box, so your business can
think more out of the box.
 <https://www.facebook.com/matrixcomsec>
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/matrixcomsec>
<https://twitter.com/Matrix_ComSec>