[SIPForum-discussion] Is there any way to distinguish between a new REGISTER message and a refreshing REGISTER message?

Ugo ugogio87 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 12:23:45 UTC 2015

Is there any way to distinguish between a new REGISTER message and a refreshing REGISTER message?

I have noticed that in some scenarios I can identify a REGISTER message which represents a refresh of the user registration through the parameter "expires=0" of the Contact header.  However, this does not work when the REGISTER message to refresh a user registration is similar to a new registration message.

Ugo Giordano, Ph.D. Student
Department of Electrical Engineering and  Information Technologies
University of Naples "Federico II"
Via Claudio, 21 - 80125 Napoli - Italy

Institutional e-mail: ugo.giordano at unina.it <mailto:ugo.giordano at unina.it>
Skype: ugo.giordano87