[SIPForum-discussion] How does x-lite send a dialed number to asterisk?

Hilyard, Trey A [CTO] Trey.A.Hilyard at sprint.com
Thu May 28 16:17:48 UTC 2015

But, to answer your questions, yes, X-Lite sends an INVITE with the dialed number in the R-URI and To header. It doesn't need an INFO method at all, because that is all handled by the INVITE.

Asterisk will allow you to perform shell scripts or other actions, but that would be a question to ask on the asterisk-users list, because this list is used more for SIP protocol discussions, not specific to Asterisk.

-Trey