[SIPForum-discussion] How does x-lite send a dialed number to asterisk?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Wed May 27 20:49:53 UTC 2015

Hi.

I'm new on Asterisk, SIP and softphones.

How does the X-Lite softphone send a dialed number to asterisk? Maybe this question is too generic, so let me clarify a bit more:

1) My X-Lite is already registered on my Asterisk. Was it possible by means of a SIP Register message, wasn't it?

2) If I dial the number 200 in my X-Lite, my Asterisk will execute some actions, because there is the extension 200 in its dial plan. But, to send 200 to Asterisk, does the X-Lite use just a SIP INFO message or does it use SIP INVITE and then SIP INFO?

Can a Dial Plan execution invokes a shell script on Linux?

Any hint will be very helpful!

Best Regards.

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center