[SIPForum-discussion] SIP Re-invite Query

Aniella Juverdeanu Aniella.Juverdeanu at telus.com
Mon Feb 16 22:58:16 UTC 2015

Hi,

So SIP RE-Invite with new SDP is totally ok and it works in my network. But It will depend if the other endpoint supports the new CODEC. If you send only a new CODEC in SDP but do not know the far-end capabilities (depending on originated or terminated call), it might be risky the re-Invite to be rejected as not supported. But if the old CODEC is still part of the CODEC list in another priority position, it will at least default to that.

Regards,
Aniella