[SIPForum-discussion] Failed called dial-up modem and fax

Nuno Miguel Alves | Ar Telecom Nuno.Alves at artelecom.pt
Fri Aug 21 08:18:15 UTC 2015

Hello,
I also advise you to use the simplest configuration as you can.
I'm also trying to solve  a problem that occurs when I have a fax line behind an freepbx. When we register the ATA directly on the network SBC we normally experience less problems to send faxes than when we register it behind the freepbx. The less gateways you have, the better.

Regards,
Nuno

-----Original Message-----
From: discussion-bounces at sipforum.org [mailto:discussion-bounces at sipforum.org] On Behalf Of Abin Mathew
Sent: quarta-feira, 19 de Agosto de 2015 19:53
To: Rafael Diego Farias de Oliveira
Cc: discussion at sipforum.org
Subject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] Failed called dial-up modem and fax

>From my experience most of the time faxing issues are related to media gateways. Recently found an issue on the CMTS side. It was determined after capturing a PCM trace and analyzing the waveform using Audacity. There were gaps in the data. A reboot of the CMTS resolved the issue.

Sent from my iPhone
Abin Mathew

> On Aug 15, 2015, at 3:19 PM, Rafael Diego Farias de Oliveira <rafaeldiego21 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I would like to share with you some of my esperiência on the subject addressed.
> Daily realize voice network migration, tdm to sip and encounter many
> problems in relation to fax and dial-up modem In some cases resolve by adjusting the speed of the equipment, but there are cases that can not solve.
> I have a question on how to perform a more effective troubleshooting, for I perceive that this is a problem of SIP technology, for these attributes.
> To adjust the codecs, but sometimes it does not.
> Working with Cisco and HP routers and no matter what type of router the problem is always the same.
> I wonder if anyone has experience on this subject.
> What in the sip could impact on the problem seems addressed attributes.
> I appreciate the opportunity to be posting on this site.
>
> Sds,
> _______________________________________________
> This is the SIP Forum discussion mailing list TO UNSUBSCRIBE, or edit
> your delivery options, please visit
> http://sipforum.org/mailman/listinfo/discussion
> Post to the list at discussion at sipforum.org

More information about the discussion mailing list