[SIPForum-discussion] Failed called dial-up modem and fax

Abin Mathew abinmmj at yahoo.ca
Wed Aug 19 18:53:00 UTC 2015

>From my experience most of the time faxing issues are related to media gateways. Recently found an issue on the CMTS side. It was determined after capturing a PCM trace and analyzing the waveform using Audacity. There were gaps in the data. A reboot of the CMTS resolved the issue. 

Sent from my iPhone
Abin Mathew

> On Aug 15, 2015, at 3:19 PM, Rafael Diego Farias de Oliveira <rafaeldiego21 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> Hello,
> 
> I would like to share with you some of my esperiência on the subject addressed.
> Daily realize voice network migration, tdm to sip and encounter many problems in relation to fax and dial-up modem
> In some cases resolve by adjusting the speed of the equipment, but there are cases that can not solve.
> I have a question on how to perform a more effective troubleshooting, for I perceive that this is a problem of SIP technology, for these attributes.
> To adjust the codecs, but sometimes it does not.
> Working with Cisco and HP routers and no matter what type of router the problem is always the same.
> I wonder if anyone has experience on this subject.
> What in the sip could impact on the problem seems addressed attributes.
> I appreciate the opportunity to be posting on this site.
> 
> Sds,
> _______________________________________________
> This is the SIP Forum discussion mailing list
> TO UNSUBSCRIBE, or edit your delivery options, please visit http://sipforum.org/mailman/listinfo/discussion
> Post to the list at discussion at sipforum.org

More information about the discussion mailing list